Friday, February 21, 2014

Me and Dad




When I was going through my photos for the memory board for Mom's funeral, I found this Polaroid of me and my Dad, dated July 1969.


Looks like we were both a little fashion-challenged.

The boat to the right is the Wanderer.  It was a big old fiberglass tank that was always full of spiders.  That's the boat we took up the Saint Lawrence Seaway and through the Rideau Canal one summer.   To the left is the Lovely Lady, the boat my Dad bought after he sold the Wanderer (and its spider population).  The Lovely Lady was built before WWII and was all teak and mahogany - a beautiful boat. 

Oh, and now you can see why my nickname was "Bowl Bean" as a kid.





5 comments:

Zella said...

What a cute photo :)

Also: my condolences, I'm so sorry for your loss !
There were a couple of months when I wasn't actively keeping up with blogs, and I must have missed your mother's passing :(

Becs said...

Nice boats. Nice memories. Nice.

James P. said...

Didn't know your family was nautical! Also didn't know you and your dad dressed alike! Wow. Thanks for posting this cute picture........Ginny

James P. said...

Wait a minute.....July 1969....Didn't you folks get off the boat long enough to watch Neil Armstrong bounce around on the moon?

rockygrace said...

You know, a lot of people complain about their childhoods, but I was lucky enough to have a pretty sweet one. Until I hit adolescence and it was all drama, all the time, that is. ha.

and Ginny, I think we may have actually been in Canada when Armstrong was on the moon - I don't remember. (Hey, I was a kid.) I know for sure that we were in Canada the night Nixon resigned - I do remember that.