Tuesday, December 24, 2013

So then I told my sister TIB,




"Go f*ck yourself, b*tch,"  and I hung up the phone.

Oh yes I did.

My sister TIB has always gotten her way in the family via bully tactics and intimidation.  And if you've never seen a sixty-three-year-old woman pitch a full-on temper tantrum, I can tell you, it's not a pretty sight.

So her latest episode, on Sunday in the nursing home in front of my mother and assorted others, was the last straw.

And last night, at quarter after eight, when I was FINALLY sitting down to some dinner and the phone started ringing and caller ID revealed TIB's number, I could have taken the high road and let it go to voice mail.

But I didn't.

I picked up that phone and let fly.  Both barrels.  I told TIB exactly what I thought of what she was doing, and I made it clear that the sh*t stopped NOW or she WOULD be dealing with me.  I am normally the most mild-mannered of nerds, but all I can say is, sometimes when you mess with the bear, you get the claws.

I let her have it.  When I burn a bridge, it's to the ground, baby.  And then I told her to f*ck off.

And it felt GREAT.  My only regret is that I didn't do it YEARS ago. 

Ahhhhh.  There's nothing like family for the holidays.



3 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

Having had many family turmoils over holiday times, years ago we absented ourselves from the celebrations. Best move we ever made.

~~Silk said...

Some folks just don't handle emotional stress well. When my mother died (25 years ago! Wow! Didn't realize it was so long ago!) my next younger sister completely freaked out. Mom had been living with her, and Sister ... I don't know how to describe it, but she became completely irrational, unglued, and then didn't speak to any of the rest of us for literally years because of some things that were said.

In hindsight, I think maybe she felt guilt that she should have done some things differently, but couldn't handle that guilt so tried to push it onto the rest of us.

Now we get along fine. We don't discuss that period at all.

Do what you have to do, protect your own sanity, and then give it time.

rockygrace said...

So far, reactions from family members have ranged from laughter, to incredulity ("you said WHAT?! AWESOME!") to musings ("I always wondered when you were going to finally stand up to her") to high fives. She can be as crazy as she wants to be with everybody else; I'm simply not going to put up with it anymore. Life's too short.

And mom is doing fine tonight; she has a new wheelchair which is basically a Lazyboy on wheels. Too cool.