Thursday, December 19, 2013

So am I supposed to take them or not?!



Vitamins, that is.

I was in the foster room the other morning,  watching the morning news to postpone the inevitable ride into the office, when a report came on stating that vitamins are actually BAD for you.

Well,  sh*t.  I've been taking vitamins for at least thirty years. A multi-vitamin, and extra Vitamin C, and Calcium plus D, and let's see, recently I've started taking cranberry extract and probiotics for my guts, which, those last two might be okay, because technically they're not vitamins, but the rest of 'em?

Crap.

I mean, I'd just as soon not spend the money, especially seeing as how evidently I've been spending that money on something that is actually BAD for me, but I really wish they could've told me a little sooner.

Oh, and apropos of nothing, what the heck is A&E going to fill their schedule with, now that the Duck Dynasty dude has let it be known that God doesn't like gay people, and blacks were actually HAPPY in the old south?  (Who knew?)

You know, I've been hearing rumors for quite a while now that one of the Duck Dynasty dudes is gay.  And now I really, really hope it's true.



4 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

My doc actually uses a blood test to check my Vitamin D level, very important in women, I take 2000 units a day. That is all I take but I eat pretty healthy.

rockygrace said...

Oh my God, fmcetc., that report specifically mentioned that Vitamin D INCREASED the risk of bone fractures in women.

We're all screwed.

~~Silk said...

Actually this is just another example of the medical community going off half-cocked again. Yes, taking megadoses of vitamins, as some do, or taking suppliments instead of eating a balanced diet (if I take fish oil and a B complex I don't have to eat fish or vegetables, right? I can live on potato chips and soda, right?) are bed. And there are a lot of people who do that.

Magadoses can in fact kill you. And a pill doesn't replace the natural complexity of foods. I really believe that's the message. Reasonable supplements don't hurt. But most people don't "get" that, so better to scare people off altogether.

Blah!

~~Silk said...

BAD, not *bed*