Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Yeah, THIS was probably a foregone outcome




I could not WAIT to take my coffee break this morning, so that I could light into the Snickers bar I cadged from the goodie pile last night.  (Goodie bag production update:  60 down, many more to go.  How many more days until Halloween?)

I don't normally eat candy bars.  Mainly, because the calorie content in one lousy candy bar is approximately nine kabillion, and if I'm going to gratuitously squander calories, I'd rather save them for my personal kryptonite, white cake with white frosting.

I KNOW.  White cake with white frosting is basically pure sugar.  I had might just as well open up the sugar canister and grab a spoon, but I cannot help myself.  When I was a little kid, Freihofer's made birthday cakes, and I used to BEG my mom to buy me one, whether it was anywhere near my birthday or not, just to get that white cake with white frosting fix.  How I don't weigh a million pounds, I will never know. 

So, long story short, basically the only time of year I have candy bars in the house is at Halloween.  And I know myself well enough to know that every. single. candy bar that isn't scarfed up by trick-or-treaters will be scarfed up by me.  Eventually.  I have been known to stretch out Halloween leftovers until Christmas, for Pete's sake, at which time rescue group bake sale fundraisers will pick up the slack, thereby putting my one true love, white cake with white frosting, onto the back burner until ... oh ... February or so.

How about you?  Any ridiculous relationships with sugar?



4 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

You're joking right? I had to give up doughnuts because when I was on a doughnut night I really thought about doing serious harm to people who got between me and a doughnut. And once the doughnut mentality kicked in I would eat anything that did not outrun me. Kicking the doughnut habit was almost as hard as quitting smoking. Today I was out of town and the first think I did was to check the breakfast stuff in the lobby for doughnuts. They only had some lame muffins that I walked away from. Only the siren doughnuts call my name.

rockygrace said...

Oh my God, National Doughnut Day almost did me in this year. I ... went a little crazy.

Domestic Kate said...

I have a sugar addiction. An easier question would be: What sugary things don't I have a problem with?

1. Pie
2. Cheesecake (which is really pie when you think about it)

Everything else is up for grabs. I like candy bars, but I hardly ever eat them. I prefer my sugar to be coupled with some other flavor type that I crave, like bread/cake or fried stuff.

rockygrace said...

Oh ... that fried dough they sell at the fair ... *drool*