Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Weather Report

It's snowing outside right now, big fat flakes mixed in with the rain that's been coming down all day. We're supposed to get more snow tonight. How much? Who knows? Anywhere from 1 - 3 inches to 2 - 4 inches to OMG ARMAGEDDON STOCK UP ON GROCERIES 4 - 6 inches, depending on which radio station you're listening to.

I guess I'm ready.

If it's going to be December and dark by four o'clock in the afternoon, we might as well have snow. This has been a weird fall - last weekend, I was out putting up the outside Christmas decorations in fifty-degree temps, which just seemed ... wrong. As much as I hate winter, I can't get amped for Christmas without some cold weather. And I'm gonna get it - By this weekend, when I will (hopefully) be getting a tree, the high is supposed to be thirty degrees.

Of course, cold weather means icy roads which means that everyone who has forgotten how to drive in the nine months since we last had snowy weather, i.e., EVERYONE, will be sliding around and skidding into each other and deck the halls and call your insurance agent on your cell from the side of the road.

Winter? Well, it's gonna get here, whether I like it or not, so we might as well get it over with. I guess.

Ho ho ho?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was actually pretty impressed with the drivers there around winter time. I can't say the same for folks in Kansas who think that because they have 4WD, they're not eligible for getting into accidents. I saw a lot of 4WDs in ditches on I-70 last January. Just sayin'. Anyway, good luck and stay warm inside with the kitties.

rockygrace said...

Thanks, Kate! As it turns out, we only got a couple of inches. Everything's so pretty this morning - all covered in white.