Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Don't EVER wake a sleeping baby

Lest anyone think that fostering kitties is all sweetness and light, let me paint you a picture of last Saturday, when, after the cats had broken a lamp, knocked over three houseplants, and repeatedly tried to scale Mount Rocky by climbing up my pants leg, I finally put them in Time Out.


Gah.


Oh, I know they just wanted to playplayPLAY, but it was like someone had unleashed a couple of whirling dervishes in my house. If I could only harness up their energy, I could probably heat the place with it. Now, with The Runt and Little Girl, when they got a case of the crazies, they'd just go outside to run off some steam, but of course, with the indoor-only fosters that's not an option, so I finally just ran them around chasing a feather duster until they weren't quite so frantic.


And then they slept. Oh, boy, did they sleep. Right past dinnertime, as a matter of fact. And did I wake them up? HELL, NO. Every parent knows that the first rule of survival is don't EVER wake the baby.


But did I see a chance to enact some revenge? Well, maybe ...






Payback, amigos.


3 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

LOL!!!!

~~Silk said...

I knew a woman who was a house mother at a fraternity house. Your stories sound a lot alike.

Shalini said...

Awww, I think they just ensnared you further into a web of cuteness.