Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What Lies Beneath?

Okay, first off, I would like to congratulate President-Elect Obama. Mr. Obama, we are counting on you.

One thing that he said last night stuck with me. He said, "I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face."

And you know what? I believe him. I didn't believe a word that came out of George Bush's mouth, but I believe Obama. Of course, I believed Bill Clinton, too, and we all know how THAT went, but I think that Obama is going to treat the office of the presidency a little less, well ..... cavalierly than Clinton did. And I believe that he will try his damnedest to get this country headed back in the right direction.

Now: Back to our regular blog schedule: Kittens, whining, and malfunctioning bathrooms!


What lies beneath?

Why, THIS. THIS is what lies beneath my bathroom carpeting:




Stunning, no? I particularly like the nine million nails that have been randomly pounded into the linoleum. And the different-colored tiles. And the carpet-backing remnants that refused removal. Look at Little Girl in that pic; she's like, "Oh, SNAP, that is one fucked-up floor!"

On Saturday, the toilet-fixer-person came over. What's that, you say? He was supposed to come over last Wednesday night? Why yes, yes he was. Did he show? Do you even have to ask at this point?

But! He did finally meander on over on Saturday afternoon, bringing a "helper" with him. As far as I can tell, the only thing the "helper" did was pull up the toilet-fixer-person's pants, when they had slid SO FAR off his butt that they were in danger of falling off entirely. (I know we have talked about this before, but WHY do these men REFUSE to wear belts? I think there's some passive-aggressive exhibitionism going on here.) And after installing a THIRD wax ring underneath the toilet, the toilet-fixer-person decided to pull up the carpeting to judge the state of the floor underneath it, which has been water-saturated for, oh, SEVERAL WEEKS now.

And lo! He determined that the floor was shot. And would have to be replaced. But not on Saturday, oh, no. And not Sunday, or Monday, or Tuesday either, because his "guys" are really busy. Maybe Wednesday. Oh, but wait. TODAY's Wednesday. Possibly NEXT Wednesday?



*sigh*

3 comments:

listie said...

election - yeah!

toilet-fixing-person - boo!

That has to be totally frustrating. I've been waiting two months for the finishing touches to be done on my kitchen, none of which are plumbing related. I can't imagine putting up with leaky plumbing like you have to. Will you at least get a nice new floor out of it?

Unknown said...

What Listie said. Yay for Obama. Boo for Ass-Crack Man (the villain of your plumbing drama).

rockygrace said...

Well, the last wax ring did fix the leaking problem. And the toilet-fixer-person said he would have someone over to replace the floor - it's just a waiting game now. But I'm afraid it may be a looonnnggg wait. And given this guy's history, I'm almost afraid to see what the new floor would end up looking like.

Ass-Crack Man - the new (anti)superhero!