Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Game? or Lame?

Another blogger (I'm sorry if it's you and I don't give you credit; I read a LOT of blogs) recently wrote about leg warmers. And a light bulb went off over my head! I hadn't given much thought to leg warmers since around, oh, 1985 or so, but living here in the frozen Northeast and wearing skirts/dresses to work on occasion, I thought leg warmers were a brilliant idea.

So! I went on line and bought some leg warmers, did the whole ship-to-store thing, and picked them up two days later. And now my knees will be nice and toasty on cold mornings.

But! As I said, leg warmers scream "Flashdance" to me. Although I really don't care if I'm twenty-odd years out of style, as long as I'm warm. So what do you think? Are leg warmers a great idea or a really lousy fashion choice? Game? ...... or lame?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

All the kids in my daughter's dance studio are starting to wear legwarmers and us oldsters in the crowd are instructing them on how to slouch them so that they don't look dorktastic. They are currently on sale at Old Navy up here.

They're styley, but they skew a little younger than I am so I'd be rocking a nice pair of boots to work instead were it me. And then I'd wind up the 80s mix when I got home and do my flashdancing until the guys downstairs came up to bust up what they thought was a fight (because I am grace personified).

Anonymous said...

They are back 'in' style. So you won't be accused of being caught in a time warp. Quite the opposite, you'll be the trendy one :)

rockygrace said...

Aw, Bridgett, are you telling me I'm too old for legwarmers? *Sob*

And mommyknows, if I am the trendy one, I guess there's a first time for everything!

Exador said...

Bridgett,

Make sure you hold off on the big splash of water, especially with the colder weather.

Or at least do it over the bath tub.

rockygrace said...

Oh! And welding! Wasn't there welding in that movie?

So Bridgett, at least you would be alerting the guys downstairs before you simultaneously flooded the house and burned it down. :)