Monday, November 10, 2008

Five Months

I just looked out my window, and it is snowing out. And it is quarter to four, and already getting dark.

I loathe winter. I despise winter.

Earlier today, I had to run an errand for work. I looked out my window, and it was sneeting out. (Sneeting = snow/sleet combo. The word sounds cute, but trust me, SNEET IS NOT CUTE.) A co-worker happened by and said, "you've got the saddest look on your face!" I am sure it was true.

Here in upstate New York, drivers lose their ever-lovin' minds the first time it snows. It's like they totally forget how to drive in the snow, when let's face it, the last time it snowed was not all that long ago.

I will have hat hair for the next five months. It will snow and be dark and cold for the next five months. I will not be truly, truly happy again until, oh .... April.

Bah.

5 comments:

listie said...

Yeah, I noticed the sneet when I went out for the mail. But, hey, at least you don't live on the Tug Hill plateau; they're supposed to get inches of snow up there tonight.

rockygrace said...

I think if I lived on the Tug Hill plateau I'd have killed myself by now. I don't know how those people stand it.

Unknown said...

It's about this time of year when I seriously begin scanning the want ads in places like North Carolina. I can stand the cold and the snow, but I just can't take the dark.

Exador said...

That's why there are so many bars up there. Nothing to do but maintain a brain-dulled semi-coma until spring.

Bleh!

rockygrace said...

Bridgett, every now and then my boss talks about moving the business to SC. I would go in a heartbeat.

And Ex, you're the smart one - you escaped!