Friday, May 02, 2008

Duh-Rama!

I had dinner with my sister Alabama last week. She was in town because she sold her summer place up at the lake, and needed to clean the campers out.

And I'll bet my sister TIB and her family are fuh-reaking out over the sale, because they have been using Alabama's place (for free, natch) during the summer for the last several years.

So the other night, my niece AM (TIB's daughter) called my sister Texas to see if she and her husband could buy HER summer place up at the lake! It's like musical chairs, except with summer places!

And on top of all this, I heard that the marina property on which the family cottage is located is up for sale.

And everybody's all, like, "Ohh, noes!" And I'm all, like, "heh, heh, heh". Because after the bullshit that went on last Labor Day weekend, when TIB threw a full on hissy-fit rage about things I DID NOT DO and then demanded that I apologize to HER, I made my decision to pull away from the dysfunctional soap opera that is my family and just watch from a distance.

Best decision I've ever made.

Plus? Alabama sold her place at the lake to buy a summer place on a lake in Georgia. I've never been to Georgia. I'll bet it's nice.


Updated to Add: My sister Texas came up with a fair price for her camper. My niece offered her 30% less. What nerve! Obviously, the deal is off.

No comments: