Thursday, May 01, 2008

Breaking News!

1. The Jesus House has to come down. This makes me sad. I hope the guy who lived there finds a new house to pretty up with scripture.

2. The cats have been successfully wormed! I feel so much better! (And shortly, so will they!) When I stopped at the shelter last night, the vet tech gave me liquid meds for roundworms, which was fine, but then she gave me PILLS for tapeworms. Now, I can pill an adult cat with no problem whatsoever. I dosed Rocky with various meds for years and years, and I can pill a cat like a pro. But a three-week-old kitten? I asked the vet tech if the procedure was the same with kittens as it was with cats, and she assured me that it was. Then I asked if the kitten would actually be able to SWALLOW a pill, seeing as how it had never eaten anything solid in its entire life, and she assured me that the kitten would.

SO! I could not wait to get home and start the de-worming procedure. I did the kitten first, and she swallowed the pill like a champ (after a brief struggle). I got almost all of the liquid into her, too, until she shook her head and sprayed bright pink meds all over my shirt. Sigh. Momma's turn was next, and she did just fine. Maybe I should start a professional cat-pilling business!

They will get another dose two weeks from now, and possibly again two weeks after that, and hopefully at some point in time, I will stop shuddering at the very thought of worms. Because worms are GROSS. (shiver.)

3. The apartment building in which I live is up for sale again. When Joe, my landlord, bought it a few years ago, he paid sixty grand for it. Which is a fair price, because around here, in the apartment building market, you can plan on paying 15 grand per one-bedroom unit. The building I live in has four one-bedroom units x 15 grand = $60,000.00. And prices have not gone up much, if at all, in the last few years. And Joe has performed absolutely no upkeep on the building since he bought it.

So what is Joe asking for the building now? ONE HUNDRED GRAND. Hahahahahahahaa!!!! Good luck with that, Joe.

4. The blond girl got booted off American Idol, but that skeezy stoner with the disgusting hair gets to stay? I don't get it.
5. I took this pic up at State Park a few weeks ago:

Coming soon: Another "This shit will break your heart" story, courtesy of the local shelter.

No comments: