Monday, April 28, 2008

You Can't Make This Stuff Up

Yesterday, a maintenance guy came over to start hoeing out Jabba's apartment. We got to talking, and I asked him what happened to Jabba's cat. It turns out that Jabba's cat has quite a back story.

Originally, Jabba's cat belonged to a guy the next town over who lived in the same apartment building as Jabba. This guy, who was in his early twenties if memory serves, was beaten to death in what was evidently a drug deal gone bad. Then the perpetrator set his body on fire to try and cover up the crime. I remember when this happened, a couple of years ago. I guess it was the "setting the body on fire" part that made it memorable.

Anyhow, after that guy met his untimely demise, Jabba took the cat. Then he moved into the apartment building I live in. Then, a year later, he dropped dead, and the landlord, Jabba's son, left the cat in the apartment by itself for a week. Nice guy.

I asked where the cat was now, and the maintenance guy said he didn't know; he just knew that Joe (the landlord) had taken the cat.

I sure hope it finds a good home this time.

2 comments:

Exador said...

DO NOT ADOPT THAT CAT!

It's the grim reaper.

rockygrace said...

I hear ya! Maybe it was actually the CAT who bludgeoned that guy to death and set him on fire. And maybe he smothered Jabba to death. Spoooooky.......