Saturday, January 05, 2008

Speed Racer

I had to come into work this morning. Taking dictation on Saturday morning can cause extreme drowsiness, so I just drank two cups of coffee, snarfed down a doughnut, and am now working on a can of Mountain Dew.

I am my own little lab experiment this morning - the effects of extreme amounts of caffeine and sugar on the human body. This could get interesting.

UPDATED TO ADD: It's now almost 4 p.m., I'm still at work, and we can add a large Pepsi (the boss ordered takeout for lunch) to the mix.

Oh, and I was originally only supposed to work "for a couple of hours" today. But we all know how that goes.

4 comments:

listie said...

Give us a progress report about 4AM when you still can't close your eyes.

I always pay dearly for the indiscretion of too much caffeine.

rockygrace said...

Well, it's currently 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, I'm still at work, and I'm buzzing right along!

Anonymous said...

You still awake...?

rockygrace said...

I was pretty wired right up until bedtime Saturday night, but I managed to fall asleep with no problem - and I slept for 12 hours! Lazy me.