Friday, January 11, 2008

Because Some Days You Just Want To Bite Something

I would never last for any length of time on a semi-liquid diet. As tasty as Frosties and soup and yogurt are, I have really missed eating solid food. And it's only been two days! This morning I actually ate part of a bagel without my head exploding, and I haven't had to take any Advil in several hours, so hopefully I am on the mend.

I don't know why I have such a hard time with dental pain. I mean, I broke my wrist a few years ago, and I was able to handle that pain with no problem. I guess, thanks to my jaw disorder, I am afraid that when my mouth starts to hurt, there will be no end. It will just keep hurting forever. Because back when my TMJD kicked in for the very first time, I was in pain for two months straight, until I finally found a dentist who correctly diagnosed me and was able to come up with a solution. (Thank you, Dr. Palumbaro!) One doctor with whom I consulted told me that I might just have to learn to live with the pain. For the rest of my life. And then he actually laughed. Bastard. For the first time, I understood just how debilitating and demoralizing chronic pain can be.

Oh, and the fact that I went in for a routine cleaning and came out in immense pain due to the dentist GOUGING OUT THE BOTTOM OF MY MOUTH may had have something to do with it.
Thanks, everybody, for listening to me bitch these last few days, and for offering helpful suggestions. Hopefully, I'll have something cheerier to write about next week!

No comments: