Thursday, March 01, 2007

Square Pegs, Square Pegs, Square, Square Pegs!

(I'd like it if they liked us, but I don't think they like us) - theme song to Square Pegs

Back in the mists of time, there was a TV sitcom called "Square Pegs". At the time it was on, I thought it was a great show. Please keep in mind that I was much younger then.

Well, a while back, one of the cable channels was showing "Square Pegs", and I just had to check it out, because I remembered the show as being so good. So I eagerly started watching, and .......

It was terrible. I mean, a truly awful sitcom. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that at one point in time, I liked this show. What was wrong with me? And twenty years from now, will I look back at the shows I enjoy now, and think, this is absolute crap?

How could I have liked that show?!

1 comment:

SoulPony said...

Gosh, I think that happens a lot. My thought on this phenom is that the humor wasn't timeless. Sometimes when something so original comes on the sence it wins us over on it's originality alone. It's the Smokey and the Bandit and Richard Pryor Syndrome. Smokey and the Bandit was so funny when it came out because we had not heard anyone talk like that in mainstream before and the same with Richard Pryor. Richard Pryor could just drop the F-bomb and we couldn't help ourselves.

I'm just sayin, it was probably a good show in it's time.