Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Massive Dose of Guilt Can Be Highly Profitable

So, last Friday was my twentieth anniversary at work. Did I get flowers? An office luncheon? A bonus? I got ............ nothing. No acknowledgement whatsoever. Needless to say, I was pissed off. Twenty years, and I get ........ nothing? Granted, I work with all guys, and we all know how clueless guys are when it comes to that stuff, often intentionally (What? Me? Remember an anniversay, a birthday, a (fill in the blank here)? But I'm just a clueless guy! Men don't remember that stuff!)(Men don't remember that stuff because the women in their lives don't ream their asses sufficiently when they forget). And the boss was out sick for most of last week. But ......... nothing?

Long story short, I came into work Monday morning and did some quiet venting to a co-worker who had been out of the office last week. Then I got:
1. Flowers.
2. Apologies.
3. An extra week of paid vacation.
4. The company is going to pay the rent on my apartment for the next six months.

Squeaky wheel, indeed.

2 comments:

SoulPony said...

sounds like forgetting worked to your advantage.

rockygrace said...

You betcha!