Thursday, February 15, 2007

B.S. stands for Building Supervisor

It took a day and a half and three calls to the Building Supervisor (B.S., ha ha ha!), but around 9 this morning I finally realized that the snowplower who is supposed to plow our driveway was probably not going to show up. I contemplated shoveling out the four foot high mountain of packed snow at the end of the driveway and trying to bull my car out, but I was afraid I'd get stuck halfway down and be in a worse jam than I already was.

Then Jim, who lives downstairs, came up and asked if I wanted him to start shoveling. I explained the situation, and Jim said that since he had the day off, he might as well give it a go. Unfortunately, Jim didn't have a shovel (!), so it was the two of us and just one shovel (mine). I went across the street to Hans' house to ask if I could borrow a shovel, and Hans, bless him, came over with his son and a snowblower to help us out! Between all of us, we got the driveway done in about 45 minutes, and now, thankfully, I'm back at work! Yay! Because I was about to go stir crazy at home. Although I did get a couple of watercolor pictures painted, along with one wall of the kitchen.

So I'd like to give a big shout-out to the B.S.: You don't know it yet, but I have the phone number of the building's owner. And after you hung up on me last night, I left a message on the building owner's answering machine. So you may be getting a call today asking why you are hanging up on tenants, and why the driveway never got plowed. Just so you know.

1 comment:

Exador said...

Yeah, it's getting down into the 40's here in Georgia.

HA!