Monday, February 19, 2007

Digital Cameras

OK, so I'm thinking about getting a digital camera. Actually, I've been thinking about it for months. A local store has a great price ($212.00) on an Olympus SP500 (6.0 mps, 10x optical zoom), but I am concerned because it uses regular batteries, not rechargeable ones. Does anybody know how long batteries last in one of these things? Another local store has a great price ($299.00) on a Kodak EasyShare Z612/printer dock bundle, but I am a little worried because (a) Kodak is very proprietary with their software (EasyShare, sure, as long as you're doing it with a fellow EasyShare-er), and (b) I heard that Kodak cameras are pieces of crap these days.

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Exador said...

My first digital camera had a fancy rechargeable battery. My second one uses two AA's.

It was always such a pain in the ass to recharge it, or find the new batteries. The AA's last a long time and it's so nice, expecially if you're on vacation somewhere, to pop into any CVS and get new batteries.
If you want to save the world, you can always use rechargeable AA's.

My 2 cents.

rockygrace said...

Thanks for the info!