Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hanging Up

I just hung up on a client, and I feel fine!

This guy has been trying to get ahold of my boss, and my boss, for whatever reason, has not been returning his calls. So this guy has been calling me and unloading on me, and this morning, I had had enough. I was patient with him for several minutes, as he ranted and raved about how inconsiderate my boss was, etc. But when he insinuated that I was somehow part of the problem, and started saying rude things about my competence, I said, "You know what? I don't get paid enough to listen to this", and I hung up the phone.

Will my boss hear about this one? Oh, absolutely, because if the client doesn't tell him, I will. Because if my boss won't stand behind me on this one, I wouldn't want to work here.

No comments: