Friday, March 16, 2007

Two Words: Torchiere Lamp

One good thing that did come out of my horrible excursion to WalMart last weekend is a new torchiere lamp. Torchiere lamps are the ones that sit on the floor and have a tall, skinny pole with a lamp on the top (like a torch!).

Anyhow, a while back when my eyesight started to go (because I am, like, 80 years old (not really) (almost)), I was looking for a torchiere to put next to my reading chair, because the two lamps already in the room were no longer cutting it. So I went all over the place, looking for a reasonably priced torchiere, and the cheapest one I found was, like, fifty bucks, which if you read this blog regularly you know is about forty bucks over my budget. Then I went to WalMart and found a torchiere with an extra bendy reading lamp attached for twelve bucks! Shopping heaven! So it's been next to my chair ever since.

I was in the bedroom painting last weekend and folks, it was pretty gloomy in there. Even with two lamps on, the bedroom was still all shadowy, which I never really noticed before because normally when I am in the bedroom I'm asleep. So I picked up another torchiere (without the extra bendy reading lamp, $8.97, thank you evil WalMart), and now my bedroom is lit up like a runway at O'Hare! yay light!

Next up, the kitchen. Because especially at this time of year, and especially since my eyes starting getting older along with the rest of me, the more light the better. And if a plane accidentally lands in my backyard because the pilot thought he saw landing lights? Oops!

No comments: