Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Raking Leaves Part II

After raking leaves for 3 hours on Sunday, all my aches and pains have faded away, except for my right hand, which I am beginning to suspect may have a couple of stress fractures. The pain is getting worse, not better. I should go to the doctor's, except that it's a $25.00 copay right off the bat. He will want to do x-rays, and no matter what time of day I go to the doctor, the x-ray guy is always at lunch, so that means a couple hours sitting around while the x-ray guy has lunch. Then, my doctor will read the x-rays, will say, hmmm, this could go either way, and send me to a bone doctor ($40.00 copay), who will want to take more x-rays, which means more sitting around. When I broke my left wrist several years ago, the bone doctor wanted to put it in a cast. When I explained to him that I lived alone and had no one to help me bathe, wash dishes, etc., and I requested a (removable) splint as opposed to a cast, he reluctantly agreed. It worked out quite well, and it was quite amusing (albeit painful) to take off the splint and watch my hand flop around. Why oh why don't they make waterproof casts? Or do they, but it's like a secret thing that only people with super special health insurance are eligible for?
So I may or may not go to the doctor.

No comments: