Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I've Got Issues?

I like to check out other people's blogs, especially people who write about their day-to-day lives. I also like to read the comments other people leave. The other day I was reading a blog entry about this girl's new relationship, how great it was, etc. This gal has a history of getting herself in trouble with guys. All the comments were stuff like, "you go, girl", "yay for you", etc. I posted a comment that she might want to use caution, given her dating history. WELL!! I was immediately jumped on by the girl herself, and all her regular comment-ers, one of whom said that I (me) must have issues. I honestly never realized until now that you are only supposed to make positive, cheerleader-type comments on other people's blogs. I thought the reason people allowed comments on their blogs was because they welcomed other people's insight. I was wrong. So here's the deal. My blog is not going to be like that. Make any comment you want, positive, negative, or whatever. I am certainly thick-skinned enough not to be upset by what somebody else might think about what I put on my blog. And I really want to know what people think. So go ahead - make my day. Make a comment - anything at all.

P.S. - Just checked back to that site - now, in addition to "having issues", I am a "douchebag", a "loser", etc. Wow.

1 comment:

Lady Liberty said...

Welcome to the wonderful (?!@#$??!) world of blogging!!!
I can relate. I left a blog I was on for a year, writing weekly, as it was so very shallow, and if you didn't leave a real nice-nice ONE-LINER, then you were a BIG TIME trouble maker!!! LOLL
I'm a little older than you but we're both in the 'too old for those games' category!!!
I have a political blog I started here on blogger, about a week ago. I really don't expect too many comments, as ones passion differs from others. I do like to write and publish articles for online political blogs.
BUT, I like YOU will visit many different blogs, read them and always leave a comment. It's called courtesy. It's the generation, I think!! LOLL!!
With all of that said, I'm going to add you to my list of "Blogs I Read" and I'll be a regular here.
I speak my mind also (visit my blog), but I do it with respect!

Hang in there Rocky, it's never a smoothe road...blogging. Just write and have fun and you'll come across some nice people. Let them know you like their blog and make them a weekly read!!
Nice to meet you...Abby:)