Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Yay! I have to work today, and then I'm off until Monday! Tommorrow, Thanksgiving, I will have my annual Thanksgiving Morning Scrub the Kitchen Floor Marathon. Every Thanksgiving, I move everything that I can move out of the kitchen onto the back porch and scrub the kitchen floor, then wax it. Of course, I mop the floor at other times during the year (not really - ah hah hah hah!), but on Thanksgiving, I really give it a scrub. I'll have the Macy's Parade on the TV in the living room, and whenever I hear a marching band come on, I'll go in and give it a look, and it'll make me sniffle, just like it always does, for my fond memories of my marching band past (what a nerd!). While I'm scrubbing, I'll have the pies in the oven (one apple, one pumpkin). I always worry that they'll taste like Mr. Clean from the floor scrubbing aromas, but they never do. In the afternoon I'll head up to my sister TIB's house for Thanksgiving Dinner. I'll drink some beer and spend half the time out on the porch, smoking. At least it's not supposed to be too cold tomorrow!. I don't know who will be there - for sure TIB and her husband, my mom, and me. Hopefully TIB's daughter AM and her hubby will be there, because AM is a lot of fun. But she doesn't seem to be spending a lot of time at TIB's house anymore since TIB quit smoking and won't allow anyone to smoke in her house. (AM and her hubby both smoke.) AM's stepdaughter is 14 now and acts every inch of it. Just a couple of years ago she was a gawky, adorable little girl, and now she's this adolescent from hell, surly, incredibly beautiful, and will surely be causing heartache for everybody for the next several years.
On Friday I plan on painting the living room ceiling. Oh gosh, I hate to paint! And I am sure I will make an insane mess - I had a dream last night about repeatedly spilling huge amounts of paint on the carpet. I'm nervous already. But I'm going to give it a try!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Lady Liberty said...

My equilibrium has been off lately..LOLL!!

Lady Liberty said...

First, I'm sorry about the comments. Seems I left them not regarding the post I was reading. I got it now!! LOLL

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm sure everything will turn out great. Someone once said.."You have to get a little messy in life, or else you can't truly enjoy it."

And 14!!! Wow, I always said teenagers weren't fit for society. They are a breed all their own. I know I WAS!!!

I've been down for a few days, flu or? so I'm just now playing catch-up.
Enjoyed your posts Rocky!!

Take Care...Abby

rockygrace said...

Abby - Thanks for all your comments - I enjoy reading them! As far as an art showing, you are kidding, right? But thanks for the encouragement!