Thursday, November 02, 2006

Flu Shot

I called my doctor's office last week to schedule a flu shot, and the soonest they could do me is the end of this month! Then, I called my mother's doctor's office to schedule a flu shot for her, and her doctor's office doesn't have the vaccine yet and therefore has no idea when they might start scheduling shots. All you hear this time of year is "Get a flu shot". Well, good luck.
P.S. Although I am not technically old enough (thank God) to be in one of the high risk groups, I get a flu shot every year because I actually got the flu a few years ago, and I thought I was going to die. Seriously, I thought the firemen would have to break into my place after no one had heard from me for a few weeks, and they would find my dead body, chewed on (the cat's gotta eat). I missed an entire week of work, and I was so sick, I don't even remember what was going on half the time (Saturday morning to Sunday night is this vague blur).
So now I get a flu shot every year.

No comments: