Monday, April 11, 2016

Pics from the weekend



Saturday was a crap day.  Snowing and blowing and cold.  Everybody did a lot of snoozing:






Tinks would like me to point out to you that he's not fat, he's fluffy.  Seriously, he weighs just the same as the other cats; he's just got fur that's about six times as long as the others'.

Soda's favorite spot:






And Ponyboy, enjoying the break in fosters to nap in the foster room:



On Sunday, it was still cold out, but the sun was shining, so I bundled up and headed for a park.

Um ... where is everybody?:





The docks are waiting for warmer weather:





And SO AM I.  Dressing like Nanook of the North just to spend a couple of hours outside is BOGUS, as far as I'm concerned.:





Heavy socks, long johns, jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, turtleneck ski jacket, neck gaiter, Elmer Fudd hat topped with blaze orange knit cap, and heavy gloves.  *sigh*

There was less snow around the lake:





And more snow in the woods, where some emerging spring plants were giving a hearty "eff you" to the weather:



There was still ice on the beaver pond, but running water coming through the dam:



And hopefully, the NEXT time I go walking, it will be a little (or a LOT, come ON) warmer out.  Sheesh.




4 comments:

livingnkauai said...

Whoa! Did I miss it? What happen to the maybe pregnant cat from Walmart? I thought she was in the foster room?

rockygrace said...

kauai, that's a sad story. Read the comments on the post from March 25 and it'll catch you up. :(

James P. said...

OK, I see the cats taking first, second and third places at the NYC Cat Show in the Snoozing Category. (Plus, they are really pretty.)

Everyone is glad to see a picture of you smiling, for sure. If I were you, I would consider getting my money back from whomever sold you that walking stick. You're going to ruin your back trying to use it.

rockygrace said...

haha actually, Ginny, that's my "poking" stick. For when I feel the need to (gently) poke at something. Also makes an excellent "fetch this" stick, when I run across rambunctious dogs on the trails.