Sunday, April 03, 2016

7.0



I was just sitting here watching TV when I realized that it was seven years ago today that I quit smoking.

I can't even tell you how many times, over those seven years,  I've gone through something really stressful and thought, "well, if this doesn't make me start smoking again, I guess nothing will", and probably never so much as in the past few weeks. 

Sorry, just couldn't let the date go by without giving myself a shout-out.

Dammit, I may fail at lots of things, but turns out I'm actually good at quitting smoking. :)






6 comments:

James P. said...

Shouting out from here for damn sure. I've never smoked but understand that it is next to impossible to quit.

Portia said...

Congratulations!

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

congrats

KJL said...

More proof you can do the difficult - kudos :-)

Kris

rockygrace said...

Thanks, everybody. I feel funny sometimes, b/c it's like I think I deserve kudos for *not* doing something, but hey. What can I say? I'm a quitter. :)

James P. said...

My feeling is that it takes more guts/strength to get RID of a habit than it does for the rest of us not to take the habit on. Takes much more for a person to climb up out of a hole than for the people just walking by who never fell in. (Yeah, my family has ridiculed my analogies for so many years............)