Friday, April 22, 2016
How to remove a makeup pencil from a bathroom sink drain
Yes, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I somehow managed to drop a 6" long makeup pencil straight down the bathroom sink drain yesterday morning. I could SEE it there at the bottom, stopped in its journey by the trap, but it was down too far (WAY too far) for me to reach it and pull it up.
So here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to remove a makeup pencil from a bathroom sink drain.
1. Borrow a pipe wrench from a friend, because you have somehow managed to make it through fifty-odd years on the planet without having to disassemble a pipe.
2. Take the wrench home and decide you want to wash up before tackling the project.
3. Wash up in the bathroom sink, where the drain is running slow BECAUSE THERE'S A GOTTDAM MAKEUP PENCIL IN THERE.
4. Watch the running water start to back up in the drain pipe. Watch with amazement as the wooden makeup pencil FLOATS UP the drain pipe on the backed-up water.
5. Keep the water running, and wait until the pencil is at the very top of the pipe, at which point you grab it and thank your lucky stars that for ONCE in your life, a home repair was actually EASIER than you thought it was going to be, instead of a billion times harder.
6. Return pipe wrench to friend.
7. Consider making a shrine to the makeup pencil, because the whole thing was just so freaking amazing.
8. The End.
9. You're welcome.