Monday, March 28, 2016

Update

My boss (supposedly) worked on the project all through the weekend, including (supposedly) pulling an all-nighter last night.

He asked me to make copies, etc., today, but nothing more.

The project went out the door this afternoon.

I've never seen a more botched abomination in my life.  None of the numbers add up, nothing makes any sense, and he didn't include any continuation spreadsheets to explain his numbers.

You know what?  Not my problem. 

Now he's on his way out of the country, he took exactly NO copies of the completed paperwork with him, and I predict the project owner, the financing bank, etc., will be making calling my boss's cell phone in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Good luck with that, boss.  You're gonna need it.

2 comments:

James P. said...

I don't know this man's age, but the more you describe his actions, the more I wonder if he is showing signs of dementia. Do you think so?

rockygrace said...

Ginny, he's in his mid-seventies, has had several heart attacks, smokes like a chimney and eats a crap diet. He's just in extremely poor health overall; I'm not sure if dementia is also in the mix at this point, but it certainly could be.