Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Random

Every time I hear that old Billy Joel song, "You're My Home", I used to always think, "yeah, she WAS your home, until you became famous and ditched her and married a supermodel."  But then!  I found out that his first wife was actually married to another man when they first hooked up, so pot calling out the kettle and all that. 

NPR keeps pushing websites named "News in Slow Spanish", "News in Slow French", and "News in Slow Italian".  I think any of those would make an excellent band name.

There is a squirrel (or possibly two) living in the crawlspace above the offices at work.  We can hear him (or them) thumping around like crazy up there most days.  Once I saw a tail drop down into a light fixture screen, and my co-worker saw one of the culprits on top of a bookcase once, where he had dropped out out of a removed ceiling panel.  I guess it's all fun and games until a computer wire gets chewed through.

My favorite brand/flavor of toothpaste has been discontinued, and I am bereft.  Damn you, Colgate!

I can't even with The Voice anymore, ever since Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani hooked up.  I mean, I never liked Gwen Stefani, and I only tolerated Blake Shelton because he was married to Miranda Lambert, so a Gwen/Blake mashup is just too much for me to take, dislikeability-wise.  Blech.  I can't believe I actually THINK about stuff like this, but there ya go.

Friskies has recently come out with several new canned cat food flavors, one of which is named "With Lamb in Clam Flavored Sauce" , or, as it will be forever called in my house, "Lamb 'n Clams".  hahahaha I don't know why, but that just cracks me up.  Unfortunately, the cats don't care for the taste of it, but I still love that name.

I keep a string of Christmas tree lights up in a window in my kitchen all year round, because it makes me smile, and the other night I was bereft, BEREFT I tell you, to discover that half the string had gone out.  I toyed briefly with trying to figure out which bulb, exactly, needed to be replaced, but then said Eff That Noise and tossed the string of lights, only to panic at the idea that there would be no replacement Christmas tree light strings available in stores for several months.  So I rushed to ebay, just to make SURE that I would be able to buy a replacement string right away, and went ahead and bought one.  Heaven forbid my kitchen window be without its Christmas lights.

I flipped over a bookmark the other day to find it had been published by "The Mouth and Foot Painting Artists."  Hmmmm, I wondered, is that really a thing?  Why, yesYes it is.  Live and learn.  And I will tell you what, those people can paint a helluva lot better than I can.

I am pleased to be able to say that Kitty Mama broke her hunger strike last night.  Progress!

The daffodils are up in my gardens.  What's coming up at your place?


4 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

66 degrees here yesterday, I need to get out and check the garden.

rockygrace said...

fmcetc., it was so warm here yesterday that I was able to hand-wash the car in the driveway after work! Ain't it grand?

Becs said...

81 when I got out of work today. Dylan LOVES the cheese sauce Friskies and all the older cats are pretty crazy about all the saucy varieties. Meant to stop at the pet food store on the way home from work today but just too tired.

rockygrace said...

Becs, do your cats like the bacon-flavored Friskies? I thought my cats would, but they won't touch 'em.