Monday, March 14, 2016

(Placeholder)



Sorry, guys, work is completely in the weeds right now.  Today I didn't know whether to quit, cry, or punch somebody, and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better any time soon.  Basically, I'm being asked to perform far, far above my education, experience or pay grade, and then reprimanded (okay, YELLED AT) when I fall short. 

But like they say, when you're going through hell you've got to keep on going, so I'm going to keep my head down, my mouth shut, and slog this through.

Copious amounts of alcohol may be involved.  Ha.

And if anybody out there has any coping techniques OTHER than heavy drinking, let me hear them!

I'll be back when I'm through to the other side.

4 comments:

rockygrace said...

Best advice I've received so far: "Be careful how you react to things. Don't turn a mess into a disaster". haha I guess that means that punching someone's off the table, dammit.

KJL said...

I work with crazy bosses - but have great (sane) colleagues. We can vent at lunch and provide small supports during the day. Do you have anyone there who is in the same boat and can help you feel not so alone?

rockygrace said...

haha yeah, KJL, I vent PLENTY to a co-worker. We're like a mutual venting society.

James P. said...

If you were within a few months of retirement age, I can see sticking it out there. You're not and I don't.