Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wayback Machine



Sorry about the radio silence around here - Ponyboy had dental surgery on Monday, so between his continuing recovery and work being an insane asylum, I've been a little preoccupied.

But!  I did borrow a book the other day on an inter-library loan, and look what was on the flyleaf:


Remember these?  Remember getting them stamped when you took out books?  Remember going to the library and using the *gasp* card catalog?

Yes, it's official.  I'm older than dirt.



4 comments:

~~Silk said...

Two things I find amazing:
- That book has been in circulation for over 50 years! Libraries I'm familiar with toss much younger books than that.
- The last stamp was 2007.

~~Silk said...

Three:
- They had TIVO 50 years ago? In the far north?

James P. said...

What is the daily late fine nowadays?

rockygrace said...

haha that's "Two" in the Far North, ~~Silk.

and Ginny, I had to look it up! It's ten cents.