Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Sunday



Sunday I headed for the reservoir, which was frozen over.


Six months ago it looked like this:



Sunday, it looked like this:


*sigh*

I headed up to the ponds at the far end of the lake.



Jesus, what a gloomy morning.

A deer had met its demise.




Can you see the plane in this pic?  It circled around for quite a while.  I don't know why.  There's not a whole heck of a lot to see this time of year.  Maybe someone was taking a flying lesson:





I was following the snowmobile trails.  I don't know who Joyce and Harold Penningroth are, but they've got a nice sign:




Somebody had hauled an old treadmill all the way out to the middle of nowhere to dump it.  I don't get it.  They could have put it out with the garbage, or put it on Craigslist, or put it out to the curb with a "free" sign on it.  Instead, they hauled it all the way out to a campsite.  Go figure:



Trail crossing!  Not confusing at all:



Bird's nest:


A little bit of color:


See the shapes out on the ice?:


Those are ice fishers.  Those dudes are NUTS.

Not long after I got done walking, the sun came out and it warmed up and was quite a pleasant day.  Spring is coming; I'm quite confident of that.  Thank goodness.



No comments: