Friday, January 31, 2014

Science-Like Tip!



So, I take probiotics in a possibly vain attempt to keep my guts from going berserker on me again.  Probiotics may indeed be this generation's version of snake oil, but desperate times call for desperate measures, so I take a nifty little med called Accuflora.

And each bottle of Accuflora comes with a little informational pamphlet, extolling (natch) the benefits of probiotics, and explaining how Accuflora (supposedly) works, complete with a vastly simplified diagram of the human digestive system, which frankly I could have done without.

And plopped down in the middle of all this nifty info is this little tidbit:

"Science-like tip!  You can also try the gel matrix at home by placing a caplet in a glass of water and watching the gel matrix form on the caplet!"

Okay, (a) I do not know what a "gel matrix" is and I do not care, (b) this smacks of the talking Barbie that said "Math is hard!", (c) what the hell is that section of the Sunday comics where the kids write in their science questions called, because I think somehow this segment of print wandered over from there, (d) what the F*CK is "science-like", and (e) why does this whole thing make me think of Sea Monkeys?

"Science-like", indeed. 


2 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

Don't do it, looked it up and just don't go there. To take your mind on to other things-I have a new blister from my Ugg boots and we are under a new weather warning all weekend.

rockygrace said...

Thanks for the heads-up, fmcetc. Sorry about the blister. And the weather.