Sunday, November 24, 2013

Most ridiculous use of flannel



I was at Jo-Ann Fabrics the other night, picking up materials for the catnip toys I make for the rescue.  And as usual, when I got to the cutting table to have the fabric measured, the nice lady with the scissors asked me, "So!  What are you making?"

And I gave my standard answer of, "Well, I volunteer for an animal rescue, and I make catnip toys to sell at adoption events ... " and as usual, I started to redden up and kind of rub at my face as I realized how lame I sounded, like, this is what my life has become, an old lady making freaking catnip toys, and I vowed then and there that the next time I go to the fabric store and the nice lady chirps, "So!  What are you making?", I'll have a more ... interesting answer.

Something along the lines of, "bondage blindfolds".  Or, "a blanket for my time-travel machine.  It gets cold at night."

Whaddaya think, guys?  Let's toss some ideas around.


3 comments:

Birdie said...

I think every cat in the world would disagree with you. ;-)

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I once went in and bought a boat load of clearance fleece for cat beds for the shelter. When I was asked what it was for and I told them they offered me boxes and boxes of left over fabric they couldn't sell

rockygrace said...

Awww, Birdie, that's sweet.

Tails, I wish that would happen to me! The store I go to is so determined to wring out every last dime of profit, they package up the scrap ends and sell 'em for, like, six bucks a yard. Total rip.

However, on Black Friday, they will be selling a ton of stuff for cheap. I know where I'm spending my birthday ...

and I STILL need to know what to tell the scissor lady. How about ... costumes for turtles? A nice winter cover for the backyard?