Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Do you know Joey Williams and Gwen English?

Do you?

Do you know Joey Williams and Gwen English?

Facebook has been sending me an email, almost every day, for the last few YEARS, asking me if I know Joey Williams and Gwen English.

Oh, every once in a while, they'll mix it up and throw a few other names at me, but most of the time, it's good ol' Joey and Gwen.

Do YOU know Joey Williams and Gwen English?

Because I sure don't.

And at this point, a couple of years down the damn road, I kind of wish Facebook would stop asking.

I DON'T KNOW THEM!

sheesh.




3 comments:

~~Silk said...

I get a lot of those, too. Mostly they are people from my email address book, or people my Facebook friends have befriended. It's fairly easy for me to tell, because I have only three Facebook friends: Daughter, SIL, and Nugget.

I hear from others that people from "Classmates.com" show up too, but my Facebook account is under my late husband's name, so I don't get those. (I personally have been banned from Facebook after threatening to sue, so Facebook knows next to nothing about me except what they can glean from my email contacts.)

~~Silk said...

Oh, and the reason you see the same ones over and over is because they choose those who also have Facebook accounts under those names.

There's supposed to be a way under FB options to halt those emails, but I don't know what it is.

rockygrace said...

Oh, I know it's all autobot generated - it's just annoying.

I wonder if Joey Williams and Gwen English get emails asking them if they know Rocky?