Monday, September 09, 2013

Weekend roundup


Well, I started off the weekend on Friday afternoon with a couple of hours in the doctor's office, which is never a good thing.

And then Saturday morning I had to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy, which turned out to be for ... suppositories?  VERY FUNNY, DOCTOR.  That's a big hell no. What the f*ck?  nonononono.  Jeezus Christ, everybody's a comedian.

I decided to spend the weekend looking for the stuff I'd been trying to buy all summer on the cheap without success.  I started off by hitting up the garage sales the next street over, where I picked up a pickaxe for five bucks.  Now it will be MUCH easier to kill those pesky neighbors.

I finally went ahead and did this:




It's hard to tell from the reflection of the trees in the glass, but there's seventeen cats on the window.  Well, actually, now there's more, since I went out again and painted some more on.  I used white-out, which may have turned out to be an unwise decision, since I spilled some on my leg and many scrubbings later, it's still there.  Those cats may be on that car when I trade it in, is all I'm sayin'.

Sunday I hit the flea market, where I picked up an area rug for five bucks!  After scrubbing about five pounds of pet hair out of it, it's currently drying in the back yard.  What else?  Oh yeah, I picked up a landing net, which I'm going to remake with a pillowcase into a cat capture device.  Because I've learned how effective those rescue gloves are ... Oh yeah!  And I got a pair of turquoise boots for three bucks.

Next stop, Label Shopper, home of incredibly cute Chinese-import shoes.   One pair of unicorn shoes later, it was off to the thrift store, where I stole Birdie's idea and bought a mirror for the garden.

There was a lot of time spent in the foster room.  *sigh*  Dear kittens:  I am not the enemy.  I will not eat you.  Trust me.

And I watched the Bills game, which ... oh lord, hope springs eternal in the hearts of Bills fans.  And that's all we have, is hope, because holy SH*T those guys sure know how to break your spirit.

And then the new week started at two-thirty this morning, when I discovered a frog in the bathroom.  At first I thought the poor thing was a goner, because he was belly up and not moving, but when I went to scoop him into an empty cool-whip bowl he twitched, so I set him in the tub and ran a little water and ...voila!  Rejuvenated frog.  I left him there until it got light out and moved him outside into the ditch, where he happily hopped away.

Hopefully that's a good omen for the week ahead, and not a precursor for a plague of locusts or something.



2 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

I think you were supposed to kiss him.

rockygrace said...

Shoot, fmcetc., you mean I missed my big chance?!

This morning there was a (very much alive, and not at all happy) bird in the bathroom. I could start my own zoo.