Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hip to be square



So, I was watching The Voice last night (don't JUDGE) (hell, go ahead), and I couldn't help but notice all the hipster dudes.  Some were competing, and some were there to support family members, but when did boxy black glasses, side parts and bow ties (no, I'm not kidding) become ... cool?  Or wait ... is it supposed to be ironic?  I'M SO OLD.

It reminds me of what the math nerds in my high school were sporting circa 1978.  (And yes,  I DO understand that those '70s math nerds now make five times what I do.)  I guess that's "the look" these days?  It seems rather unfortunate.  Those are the dudes that got beat up by the bus garage. 

And there was even a Manic Pixie Dream Girl competing, which ... can't we lose that trend already?  Isn't that one kind of yesterday?

I guess I must be older than dirt, because I don't find either look appealing.  I just want to yell "Grow up and get damn job, already!"  *sigh*  And get off my lawn while you're at it.




No comments: