Thursday, September 12, 2013

Crazy Rain



Last night, severe thunderstorms hit just as I was heading home from work.

It was loads of fun - Lightning, and thunder, and crazy rain, and gusty winds, and flooded roads and downed power lines and I kept pulling into parking lots to wait it out, but then the parking lot would start to flood and I would have to keep moving, and at one point there was a flock of flipping TURKEYS in the road, and I started to wonder if I was dreaming.

So yeah.  Fun.

In the space of 45 minutes, I got over two and a half inches of rain at my place.  That's a lotta rain.

Oh, I mean, it's not as much as in 2011, when Tropical Storm Lee dropped over ten inches of rain before the rain gauge finally overflowed.  And it's not as bad as Hurricane Irene, when I got over five inches.  And ...

... it's official.  I'm officially old, aren't I?  "I remember back in 2011, when Tropical Storm Lee blah blah blah ..."

Geez.  Only fifty, and already reminiscing about the weather.  Sucks getting old.






No comments: