Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Backstage at The Biggest Loser

First off, scroll down to the Mystery Tree, because I need some answers. Now, onward:

Okay, okay, I'll admit it - I watched (parts of) the finale of The Biggest Loser last night - I mean, how could I not? I've watched (bits and pieces of) the show all season, so it kind of behooved me to see how it ended.

And I have two questions:

What was UP with that blond chick in the (I think) blue dress? At one point, they showed all the contestants exiting the stage to change back into their workout clothes, and there was this blond chick all stomping off the stage, like, "I'ma gonna KILL somebody!". They even had a handler grabbing onto her arm, like she was about to punch somebody. Plus, she had the strangest looking boobs I've ever seen in my life. Who WAS she? Because I don't remember her from the show.

Second: Okay, so this was a LIVE finale, right? And they were getting weighed in, RIGHT THERE, to see who wins the money. And the opera singer won (yay!) by THREE POUNDS.

Question: When do you think was the last time any of them ate?

Seriously. As a contestant, you know when the live finale is going to be. You know that whether you win or not depends on how much you weigh, right then at the finale. You know that it could be close.

How far ahead do you stop eating? A day? A week? How many laxatives do you take? How do you finagle your way into a bathroom backstage so you can puke ONE LAST TIME before they weigh you?

Or - wait a minute - do the show's producers force them to eat? Are they all, like, "you HAVE to eat these green beans or else you'll be disqualified!" Because I could see this potentially turning pretty grim, otherwise. Like, "Coming soon to NBC, The Biggest Bulimic!"

What do you think?

4 comments:

rockygrace said...

and Oh my God, was I the only one who thought that that dude's tattoo placement (printed words on the inner lower arm) was rather, well, unfortunate? As in, CONCENTATION CAMP unfortunate?

~~Silk said...

A pint of water weighs a pound. You're supposed to drink at least two quarts of water a day. Cut that to one pint, starting at least 18 hours before weigh-in, and ta rah! there's three pounds.

Rob said...

I always thought that show was about my ex-wife.

rockygrace said...

Three pounds in eighteen hours? so THAT'S how they lost all that weight ...

... and play nice, Rob.