Thursday, October 07, 2010

Very Superstitious

Okay, so we were talking about jinxes in the comments of the vacuuming post, so let me know what you think about this.


After the recent heavy rainfalls, I really, really want this postcard:







Not sure if you can click to embiggen that or not. It's a postcard of Venice, watery canals and all, with "Greetings from {my home town}" printed on it.

Get it? Get it? Venice is full of water, and my neighborhood keeps filling up with water, so ...


But here's the thing: Would displaying that in my house be tempting fate? Borrowing trouble? I don't want to invite anything bad in.

Then again, I have pictures of dead people in their caskets (memento mori) in my house. There's also (deer and bird) bones throughout. I currently have a bunch of giant (artificial) rats in my garage, waiting for Halloween. All you have to do is look at a few of my Freaky Fridays to know that weird stuff surrounds me. How much worse could a picture of Venice be? Or would it be, like, forecasting something that could happen?

What do you think?

3 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Okay, this is just my two cents and let it be known that I am very superstitious. I think that it depends on your 'intent thought process' when wanting that card. Such as, you wouldn't want to think, 'oh! I want the floods to come to my town!' but more like "wow! isn't that uncanny! That portrays some thing that just happened in said area.' I am surrounded by things that others would deem morbid or odd. Most people use the word eccentric when they see our house, mainly the living room and I don't think any of those things have jinxed me.

So, *I* think you'll be fine, but I didn't say that if it all goes wrong! Just kidding.

Heather said...

I like it, I think it is a funny irony. That's just me.

Fish Food said...

I say go for it. No bad luck there.