Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I've got your better place

I may be evil for writing this down, but here goes.

I work for a small company. My boss's private office, where he takes all his calls, is directly behind my desk. Which means that unless he shuts his door, I hear all of his conversations.

My boss's sister died last weekend. Very sad. But now my boss is telling the story of his sister's death (from heart failure) to every. single. person. who calls. Every client. Every vendor. Every supplier. Every single f*cking person who calls.

I have now heard the boss's sister's death story approximately a kabillion times. And frankly, if I hear "She's in a better place now" ONE MORE TIME, I am going to put my BOSS in a better place.

Shut it, boss. Or close the damn door. Or get sent to "a better place". Your choice.

No comments: