Monday, August 24, 2009

It was just weird, is all I'm sayin'

As some of you may know, I quit smoking back in April. And I vowed that I would never, ever, turn into one of those nasty, judgmental non-smokers who ripped into people who still smoke.


And I haven't.


But I went to a funeral on Friday (in an Armenian church, which was very interesting), and all the smokers were out front, puffing away, before the service started.


The service was for a fifty-nine year old woman (my boss's sister) who died of heart failure.


Now, I don't know if this woman ever smoked or not. I don't recall her ever smoking, but that's not to say that she never did. But she was fifty-nine, and she died of heart problems.



I just thought it was weird that people would smoke out front.



Maybe it's just me.

No comments: