Monday, August 25, 2008

Wax On, Wax Off

On Saturday, I washed and waxed the car. I really, really do not enjoy waxing the car, but hey! somebody's gotta do it, right?

My Dad was a car buff. He was always buying old cars and tinkering with them. He used to pay me to wash and wax his cars, and he always insisted that I use Turtle Wax paste wax. "If you're not going to use paste wax, don't even bother", he'd say. "That liquid stuff isn't worth crap."

So on Saturday, I washed the car, then I grabbed the container of Turtle Wax (it's shaped like a turtle, with a little shell on top! How cute!), a bunch of old t-shirts, a chair (so I could reach the car roof), and the radio, and got to work. And I thought about my Dad as I waxed and buffed.

Dad! Lo these many years later, rest assured that I'm still using paste wax.


Bridgett said...

Paste wax is the way to go. Harder to apply, but lasts a lot longer. Plus, there's something soothing about taking the time to do it. I think that's next weekend's job.

Rockycat said...

Yeah, it's a pain in the butt ... but it was really cool this morning when the rainwater was all beaded up on the paint.