Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Catholicism, Part 2

A while back, I did a post about how the Catholic Church expounds that you will not go to heaven unless you are Catholic. And I got some disagreement, which is great! I want to hear from everybody, whether they agree with me or not.

I opened up the newspaper this morning, and underneath the headline "Pontiff says Catholicism only true path to salvation" was the following article from The Associated Press (I'll quote the first paragraph only, for brevity's sake):

"Pope Benedict XVI reasserted the primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says other Christian communities are either defective or not true churches and Catholicism provides the only true path to Salvation".

I rest my case.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can have no defence of this man; I am NOT a fan. I'm not even a practicing Catholic, but really, he thinks we should all be back in the dark ages...

Shocking.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say: ANYMORE. Not a practicing Catholic ANYMORE...

It sounds as though I am just ranting randomly without basis.

My apologies.

rockygrace said...

All rants are welcome! And I really feel for all the Catholics who are dismayed at the stance their church is taking.