Friday, June 22, 2007

Yay! It's summer!

My favorite parts of summer are the light and the warmth. I love that it's light out before I get up in the morning, and I love lying in bed listening to the birds sing. And some of those birds are LOUD, and that just cracks me up! Like, jeez, it's five o'clock in the morning! Give it a rest already!

And I love going outside in the morning without first putting on boots, wool coat, scarf, gl0ves, hat, etc. Just waltzing out the door in shorts and a t-shirt. (On the weekends, that is. I'm afraid that blouses, skirts, pantyhose, etc. still rule the workweek.)

There is a west-facing window in my living room, and I love to watch the sunsets. Although I must say, winter does have one thing going for it - beautiful sunrises. Here is a sunrise off my back porch, taken last January:



But still, I'll take summer over winter any time. I would rather be too hot than too cold, any day. Although I could do without the gnats, horseflies, deerflies and bees every time I go out walking. No, stop. I've already decided. It's summer over winter.

P.S. No, I do not Photoshop my pics. A friend asked me that the other day, and it made me feel bad. They are all posted here straight as they came out of the camera. The only thing I ever do is sometimes crop them, to get the pics centered better.

No comments: