Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Whoooooo are you? Who, who? Who, who?



I bought a refurbished Nikon camera on Amazon a couple of weeks ago to replace my Fuji, which bit the dust.  While I was at it, I went on ebay and bought a couple of older, cheaper Nikons to have as back-ups the next time my "main" camera bit the dust.

And let me tell ya, ebay has some GREAT deals on little point-and-shoot cameras.  I picked up TWO Nikon Coolpix 5600s, one for seven bucks and one for fifteen bucks, including shipping.  Both of them came with memory cards, and one came with all the accessories, including the original box!  AND they both work fine!  GOD, I love ebay.

ANYhoo, the memory cards.  I tried out one camera and it worked fine, so I set it aside and grabbed the other one, and as I started snapping test photos, I noticed that the photo count was up to, like, 196.  The heck?

I hooked the camera up to the PC, accessed the card, and viewed ... someone else's life.



I contacted the seller and asked if he wanted the memory card back.  Of course, I have no idea if it was his own camera he had sold me, or one he picked up at a thrift store or an estate sale, or one he found in a drawer he was cleaning out.   He said to go ahead and delete the photos, but I looked through them first.  Because I'm nosy.







There were lots of selfies:





and an adorable little girl:



And what I'm guessing were vacation photos:



All of the photos were taken in late 2008 or 2009.  And now I'm thinking about how old the kids are today, and where they are, and how they're doing.

You can buy the darndest things on ebay!

3 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

I collect books by a certain author, these books are no longer reprinted. If you buy in bulk, like auntie died and these are her books, well you can find the most fascinating things people tuck into the pages.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

okay, that is a riot. good thing they were rated g..

rockygrace said...

fmcetc., what always kills me about old found correspondence is what beautiful handwriting people had back in the day. I *know* how to write cursive, but I'm certainly not skilled in it.

and Tails, yes, I was kind of bracing myself at first ... haha.