Monday, December 12, 2016

Pics! with! Santa!



One of the groups I volunteer with was helping at a pet-photos-with-Santa event at a local pet store yesterday, so I loaded up on my allergy meds and headed out.

We were plopped right smack-dab in the middle of the store:



But the backdrop was amazing, and Santa was the BEST.  Here he is, skillfully handling a guinea pig wearing a teeny-tiny holiday hat:


When we took a break, Santa showed me his driver's license.  Santa Claus, One Arctic Circle, North Pole, The World.  Yep, he's legit!   Here's a blurry photo of some ferrets (those little buggers are FAST!  Santa says it's like trying to hold on to wriggly noodles):



These photos were taken by me, on the sidelines.  The actual photographer was really interesting to watch, as she juggled dogs and cats and kids and you-name-it.  Here she is trying to get a perfect shot:






Look at this cat!:



 And here the cat is with his little girl:





At one point, the inevitable happened:




This family had four dogs and a cat, all of whom wanted their photo with Santa, so there was a considerable amount of wrangling involved:




They were coming in by the shopping-cart-load:
 


And my favorite family of the day:  Three cats, two humans, one elf hat, holiday sweaters on everyone, and Santa!:


I have to admit, I've never volunteered at an event quite like this one before.  It was an experience, that's for sure! 

3 comments:

James P. said...

Well, I'm obsessed with the guinea pig and his/her festive cap, but have to wonder how a person gets/keeps a Christmas hat on a ferret.

rockygrace said...

There was elastic that went around their chins, but they kept wiggling the hats off. I'm guessing it's like trying to put a hat on a cat, times ten.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

the pig was perfect :) Love it