Thursday, December 29, 2016

A Shot in the Arm



Literally.  I'm going to be heading over to my allergist's office shortly, to begin allergy injections.

Many, many months of allergy injections.

I've developed some pretty debilitating allergies over the past few years, to the point where I'm TIRED of coughing and sneezing and coughing and wheezing and blowing my nose and wiping my eyes and coughing coughing COUGHING all the damn time.  The standard OTC treatments have failed, so the allergist is bringing out the big guns.

Shots.

Two shots, once a week, for the next several months.  This is supposed to, I guess, build up my immunity to the allergens, though I'm a bit cloudy on how it all actually works, and how the injections will work when Flonase, Zyrtec and Delsym (my Holy Trinity) have failed.

Whatever.  I've got to believe.  I have GOT to get some relief, here, even if it's going to take a long, long time.

Here's my arm, doc!  Hit me up.

UPDATED TO ADD:  Well, THAT was a letdown!  Turns out I need some special super snowflake combination injection that the office hadn't had a chance to get formulated yet, so I can't start my shots until NEXT week.  And now I feel like Shirley MacLaine in that movie, except Shirley was yelling for somebody to give Debra Winger HER injection, and I'm screaming for ME.  "Give me my shot!  Give me my shot!  GIVE ME MY SHOTTTTTTTTTT!"

haha *sob*



2 comments:

James P. said...

Nothing worse than an emotional buildup to relief and then......nothing.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I agree with James.. that and the next time you go in it will be even worse for you. I'm sorry. Btw, I believe probiotics and eating a lot of fermented foods helped me with my allergies.. if nothing else it can't hurt if you want to try it.