Monday, April 13, 2015

Time to get out!

So!  Busy weekend.  Both my home PC and the TV in the foster room expired in the past week, so Saturday was spent buying electronics for which I had not budgeted and doing some installs.  The PC has Windows 8.1, which, NOT A FAN, so I predict a steep learning curve in my near future.

I got some brush hauled out to the curb, and did a pre-emptive rug pulling in the foster room.  As you may recall, I pulled up the wall-to-wall in that room last fall, and then put down an area rug.  But!  With the kittens about to go mobile any day now, and then start peeing and pooping all over the place, I pulled out the rug ahead of time.  For ONCE in my damn life, I managed to think ahead a little bit.

 And yesterday, the temps hit the SIXTIES.  Hallelujah!  I headed for the trails.

There was STILL ice on some of the trails.  Dear Winter:  GET OUT.


Ice on the lake:


But!  The creeks were full of runoff:






There was plenty of kid-built to be seen:







The geese are nesting:





The skies were blue through the trees:


And the pines, at least, are green green green.





Spring is here.  And just in time.

No comments: