Monday, April 20, 2015

I go out walkin'



So!  I got bit by a tick this weekend, and when I went to pull him off he put up a fight and took some of my skin with him, which, OUCH!  Stupid ticks.

But!  I got lots of walking in, both days.  I love this time of year - not too hot, not too cold, and no annoying BUGS - well, other than the ticks.  Damn ticks.




Frozen waterfall.  GIVE UP, WINTER.  YOU'RE DRUNK.





This hill was STEEP!:

File that in the "why yes, yes, I *am* a wimp" department.

Turkey feathers shine iridescent in the sunlight:






Skunk cabbage and trout lilies poking up out of the ground:


This tree broke off way up high and then got stuck on the way down:


Penny rock!






Yesterday, I was out in the middle of nowhere, hiking, hiking, hiking, when all of a sudden:


Hello, chair!  Somebody hauled that sucker a LONG way out into the woods.

Upended tree:


Frog eggs:

Coltsfoot (feet?) always look cheery.


Two days, two great hikes.  Other than the tick, that is.  Lousy ticks.


4 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Penny rock is fascinating!

Mama D said...

I SO agree with you on the ticks. Damned ticks. Can't go caching in the woods without picking a few up, either. :(

rockygrace said...

Tails, I love Penny Rock!

and Mama D, I was hoping that the harsh winter we just went through would cut the tick population, but evidently not. Bah.

~~Silk said...

Thank you for the frog eggs. It's been decades since I've come across any -- the photo had a strong effect on me.